The following information has been given to us by The Hanover Insurance Group.
There are some things even the best coverage can't replace. Protect your priceless possessions, memories and time with water damage prevention options from The Hanover.
Proactive protection against water damage
- You are 7x more likely to sustain damage from a plumbing leak than by a fire. It is also 6x more likely to happen than being burglarized.
- 40% of all home losses were due to non-weather-related water damage.
- 3-6 months is the average length of impact of potential life disruption, including being out of house during repairs, from water damage to a home in current market conditions
Prevent water damage in your home
Water damage is one of the most common home claims and even a minor issue can cause a major inconvenience. It can strike in many forms that have nothing to do with weather: broken pipes, leaky toilets and washing machines, clogged drains and more.
That's why The Hanover has two highly effective options to help keep your home dry. Plus, you'll be eligible for a reduced rate if these devices are installed.
- Water Shutoff Devices:
- An automatic water shutoff device can react to a problem when you can't. This device can detect unusual water flow activity, usually caused by a leak, and automatically turns off the water to your house to help prevent further damage. This is the recommended device to use for maximum efficiency and results.
- Water Sensors:
- Looking out for water damage is a 24/7 job. Water sensor technology can stay on top of any potential water leaks within their area. Unlike the water shutoff device, a sensor will not stop a leak. But it will alert you to a potential issue for you to address before it becomes a bigger problem.
For more information on how you can prevent your home from water damage visit Proactive protection against water damage | The Hanover Insurance Group.