Risk management is the identification, assessment and prioritization of risks and the subsequent coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor and control the probability and impact of losses. Effective risk management activities create value and should be an integral part of the decision-making process. How does risk management impact your bottom line?
- Opportunity for better pricing on insurance premiums
- Saves out-of-pocket costs like deductibles
- Ensures a safe and stable environment for employees, volunteers and customers
- Helps you understand and be prepared for risks before losses occur
Can you eliminate a service or activity considered too risky?
- Eliminate activities that involve risk
- Avoid creating activities that involve risk
- Relatively extreme approach
Mitigation or Prevention
What steps can be taken to reduce the likelihood of losses occurring or lessen the impact of losses should they occur?
- Manage liability by structuring activities and programs in ways that reduce or limit institutional risk
Can we transfer either the risk or financial consequences of a loss to another party?
- Insurance policies
- Indemnification agreements
- Releases and waivers
Accept the risk as it is – some risk is inherent in the activities of operation.
- Deciding not to purchase an insurance policy for a specific exposure
The insurance professionals at BHS Insurance Agency have a variety of resources to help you build an effective risk management program. Talk to a specialist today!