Q: I am moving into a new apartment and my landlord doesn’t require renters insurance. Is it OK for me to go uncovered?

September 12, 2018


I would recommend you purchase a renters insurance policy. These policies are relatively inexpensive, but can provide great benefit in a claim situation. The renters insurance will provide insurance for all your personal property up to the limit you purchase. So if there is a fire, you would have coverage to replace your personal items like clothing, furniture and dishes; it will also provide personal liability coverage.

For instance, if someone is over at your place and trips over an electrical cord and hurts themselves, if they come after and sue you, the insurance company would provide legal counsel and help in a lawsuit - up to the limit purchased.

What can BHS Insurance help you with? We have over 25 associates dedicated to finding the best coverage for your life, home, and auto needs. Request a quote online today.

Answered by:

Jamie Timmer

Account Manager

20 years’ insurance experience, 13 years at BHS Insurance

Ask a Question

Have a question? We'd love to hear from you.

Send us a question and we'll respond as soon as possible.

Something went wrong.
Please provide your full name
Something went wrong.
Something went wrong.
Submitting form...


Your question has been submitted.