1. Protect the property from further damage:
- Call the proper authorities and utilities (gas, electric, telephone).
- Take photos of the damage before having emergency repairs made, such as boarding up windows or covering holes in the roof.
2. Call BHS Insurance or your Insurance Carrier direct to report the loss.
3. Call a contractor to estimate the damages.
4. Separate damaged contents from undamaged contents. Do not discard any items until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
5. Keep record of expenses.
6. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster has given you authority to do so.