Account Manager - Group Benefits
As a member of the Group Benefits team, the Account Manager will assist the Producers with new business/renewals, and provide client support.
- Assist the Producer in gathering the necessary information regarding new/existing accounts and submits this information to the various carriers or assigned tech, to obtain proposals.
- Review the proposals received from the various carriers and make recommendations to the Producer, and then place these in a formal proposal presentation format through Code 64.
- Conduct client presentations in the absence of the Producer.
- Coordinate the workflow for the Producer between the internal staff, clients and insurance carriers.
- Effect changes in coverage as requested and needed by customer.
- Direct a smooth transition from one carrier to another carrier.
- Perform periodic service calls on all accounts and complete a report on a monthly basis.
- Update all accounts on the agency management system when a change to a new carrier is made or a renewal is completed to maintain files.
- Maintain awareness of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State laws that may affect how our clients must administer their benefit programs, and communicate this information to clients and team members.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with each insurance carrier to satisfy our clients’ needs and facilitate the processing of business.
- Handle or refer all requests by our clients.
- Act as a backup to the Producer with clients and carriers.
- High school diploma required; college degree or 3 years equivalent experience preferred
- Life and Health license
- Self-funded knowledge required for large account roles
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize work tasks
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Professional software, internet, email, and data entry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi task and prioritize with numerous interruptions
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and personality types
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision