BHS has been recognized as a West Michigan 101 Best and Brightest Company to Work for in 2016. If you are interested in joining BHS, send your resume and cover letter to Denise Neuhaus at this address.
Current opportunities posted: March 21, 2017
Candidates interested in this position should be able to provide a high level of customer service to commercial lines clients; develop and maintain relationships with clients and underwriters; assist producers in obtaining and retaining business.
- Service existing clients needs
- Review and process new and renewal policies
- Handle bond issues
- Provide first contact for new claim report; fax loss report to carrier
- Handle communication with clients and carriers by telephone, fax and email in a prompt, efficient, and polite manner
- Negotiate pricing and coverage with carrier companies
- Obtain renewal information for current carrier, assess underwriting issues, and collect data from insured
- P&C License
- CISR Designation preferred
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage including rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations
- Able to multi task and prioritize with numerous interruptions
- Intermediate computer skills – knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and email required. Knowledge of Epic agency management system a plus.
As a member of the Group Benefits team, the Customer Service Agent will assist the Producers and with new business/renewals, and provide client support.
- Assist the Producer in gathering the necessary information regarding new/existing accounts and submits this information to the various carriers to obtain proposals.
- Review the proposals received from the various carriers and make recommendations to the Producer, and then place these in a formal proposal presentation.
- Conduct client presentations in the absence of the Producer.
- Coordinate the workflow for the Producer between the internal staff, clients and insurance carriers.
- Effect changes in coverage as requested and needed by customer.
- Direct a smooth transition from one carrier to another carrier.
- Perform periodic service calls on all accounts and complete a report on a monthly basis.
- Update all accounts on the agency management system when a change to a new carrier is made or a renewal is completed to maintain files.
- Maintain awareness of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State laws that may affect how our clients must administer their benefit programs, and communicate this information to clients and team members.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with each insurance carrier to satisfy our clients’ needs and facilitate the processing of business.
- Handle or refer all requests by our clients.
- Life and Health license
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Professional software, internet, email, and data entry; knowledge of Epic agency management system a plus
Best & Brightest
If you think you are one of the Best and Brightest and would like to work for our company, reach out to us and let us know.